Three delicious no sugar breakfast recipes for kids
Kids typically consume the most amount of processed sugar during breakfast. Here are 3 healthy no sugar breakfast options that will fuel your kids for the day!
- Oatmeal Bowl
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | 2 Servings
- 5 oz oats
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Stevia
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Kid friendly toppings include nuts, berries, granola, and some melted/crushed No Sugar Co. Keto Krax
No Sugar Co. Keto Krax makes a great topping!
- Add all ingredients for oatmeal to a saucepan (except protein powder).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes until creamy. Stir regularly.
- Set aside for 2 minutes to cool down a little bit.
- Stir in the protein powder, top with your favourite toppings and you are ready to go!
- Chocolove Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20-25 minutes | Total Time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups (190 g) all-purpose flour, divided into three
- 3 Tbsp (15 g) cacao powder
- 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (3 g) cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 g of erythritol
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 cup (95 g) almond flour
- ½ cup (50 g) raw walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) no sugar chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) of unsweetened milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir
- Add all wet ingredients to the same bowl and stir
- Divide the batter evenly and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Stellar Chia Pudding
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Wait Time: 6 hours minimum | 4 Servings
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Orange slices
- Fresh fruit
- Chopped No Sugar Co. Kids Snack Trax
- Whipped cream
- To a mixing bowl add milk, chia seeds, erythritol and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours). The chia pudding should be thick and creamy. If not, add more chia seeds, stir, and refrigerate for another hour or so.
- Stick thin slices of orange to the side of the glass and pour chia pudding over.
- Serve with desired toppings
If you love these recipes check out our new book No Sugar in Me! It has 15 no sugar recipes and a lot of important information on the danger of processed sugar and how it is impacting our children’s health.